Describe a Person who you believe dresses well IELTS Cue Card
IELTS CUE CARD TOPIC
Describe a Person who you believe dresses well
You should say:
Who this person is?
What kind of dresses he/she wears?
How do you know him/her?
Sample Answer 1
There is no denying this conviction that our personality thrives primarily on our dressing sense. Other traits like communication skills so matter, but the kind of clothes we wear helps us to mark a good impression on others.
Although I know many people who dress well, one of them is special and hence she is worth mentioning.
Who is this person? And How do you know her?
She is my next-door neighbor and my classmate too. Her name is Rimple Sharma. Ten years back, she shifted to our township. We first met at the park while we both were having a walk and from that day we have been bosom friends.
What kind of dresses does she wear?
She is a fashionista who always does things beyond the conventional domain while choosing her attire.
She has unique dresses for all occasions. For example, although she is a north Indian, on the occasion of the Pongal festival, she wore a saree in the south Indian style, which enhanced her personality.
She never shies from doing experimentation. In one of the competitions where international fashion was the theme, she wore a Thai dress and carried it well. Due to her spectacular performance on the ramp, she won the first prize.
During children’s day, she didn’t shy from wearing the school uniform despite being a college student. The whole day she roamed here and there in that dress, and everybody appreciated her courage.
She has worn different dresses from Asian and European countries. Her next plan is to wear the outfits of African nations. I am damn sure that she will achieve her aim, and I staunchly believe that she will become a supermodel soon.
Sample Answer 2
There is no denying this conviction that a man is judged by his clothes. Moreover, clothing is the best attribute to make people notice you.
Who is this person?
My English teacher Andrew Waugh possesses a sophisticated dressing sense.
What kind of dresses does he wear?
Personality thrives primarily on good dressing sense. A good dress-up empowers you to make a good impression in front of others. People usually have this habit of ignoring individuals with improper or awful clothing. So, maintaining a good status in society and carrying a good dressing sense is prudent.
Mr. Waugh teaches English language in my college, and I have never seen him in casual clothing. Even when I occasionally meet him at his residence for some instructions on an essay and letter writing, I find him in formal wardrobes. Once, I haphazardly asked him about formal attire, and he replied that he is very particular with his dresses, and formal wear appeals to him every time except when he hits the bed.
Mr. Waugh generally comes out in formal suits. He has a huge collection of suits, and they are of divergent colors. The leather shoes he wears always form a lethal combination with his dress. Moreover, his color combination is also unique and different. s. For instance, when he wears his black suit, he wears a formal black shirt with a lemon color tie.
And How do you know him?
He is not only my English teacher but my next-door neighbour too. Every evening we go for a walk together.
Sample Answer 3
In the modern era, fashion has made inroads in our lives. However, only a few people have an amazing sense of dressing up. I know one person who carries her attire very well.
Who is this person?
She is my friend, who is a fashion consultant and boutique owner.
What kind of dresses does she wear?
Her speciality is fusion. She is a fashionista who can create a petite dress from any piece of cloth.
Not only she creates good dresses, but she also carries them well. Rather than hiring any celebrity for her boutique, she manages all the promotions herself, and in all the advertisements, she showcases herself.
She can carry clothes from all traditions and cultures with tremendous ease. Last year during a fancy show in our city, she stunned the audience by wearing the dress of the Jarwa tribe from the Andaman and Nicobar islands.
She looks the best when she wears traditional attire. During festival times, she goes with the theme. For North Indian festivals like Diwali, she wears Lehnga, and for South Indian festivals like Onam and Pongal, she wears a saree.
Due to her charming personality and dressing style, the budding models have become big fans of her, and they usually meet her for advice related to beauty pageants and talent hunt shows.
How do you know her?
She is my best friend and role model. We did schooling together, and we have remained connected from those days.
Regarding fashion, I always seek flashes of inspiration from her, and I wish her all the best in her future endeavours.
Follow up Questions
Here are some examples of follow-up questions that the examiner might ask during your speaking part 3 related to the cue card “Describe a Person who you believe dresses well”.
1. Do you have a favourite item of clothing? What is it? Why do you like it? When do you wear it?
Being a busy person, I have limited time at my disposal to dress up. Due to this reason, I have a simple clothing style. My favourite item of clothing is a pair of jeans with a t-shirt. I wear it daily.
2. What is your favourite colour to wear? How many items of clothing do you have in this colour?
My favourite colour is blue. Whenever I wear it, I get compliments. Due to this reason, most of my outfits are in different shades of blue colour.
3. How important is colour coordination to you? Do your clothes always match?
Although I often wear colours in combination, I sometimes go for contrasting colours.
4. Are certain colours more suitable for men and certain colours more suitable for women?
I think only a few colours suit males, such as black, blue, brown etc. On the other all kinds of colours suit women. However, pastel colours, especially pink shades suit women the most.
5. Do you change your clothes often? Or do you tend to wear the same clothes all day?
I change clothes twice a day. Firstly after taking a bath and second in the evening when I return home.
6. How often should clothing be washed? How often do you wash your clothing?
There is no denying this conviction that cleanliness is next to godliness. Hence washing your clothes every day is a prudent approach.
In the modern era, where various kinds of viral infections have made inroads in our lives, it is worthwhile to waste clothes every day.
Latest Cue Cards Sep to Dec 2022
- Describe an English class/lesson that you enjoyed IELTS Cue Card
- Describe an Object you Find Particularly Beautiful IELTS Cue Card
- Describe a time when you used your Cellphone/Smartphone to do something important IELTS Cue Card
- Describe an Important Thing you Learned, not at School or College IELTS Cue Card
- Describe Something that Surprised you and Made you Happy IELTS Cue Card
- Describe a photo that you are proud of IELTS Cue Card
- Describe a time when you Received Money as a Gift IELTS Cue Card
- Talk about a TV Show you Like to Watch IELTS Cue Card
- Describe a Person who you believe dresses well IELTS Cue Card
- Describe a Person who Likes to Grow Plants IELTS Cue Card
- Describe a Time you had a Disagreement with Someone IELTS Cue Card
- Describe a House/Apartment that Someone you know Lives in IELTS Cue Card
- Describe a Place where you go to do Outdoor Activities or Play a Sport IELTS Cue Card
- Describe a City you Would Recommend as a Nice Place to Live (not your Hometown) IELTS Cue Card
- Describe a Time When Someone Asked for your Opinion IELTS Cue Card
- Describe a time when you missed an appointment IELTS cue card
- Describe a time you were very busy
- Describe a Childhood Friend IELTS Cue Card
- Describe a time when you shared something with others IELTS cue card
- Describe a Story or a Novel that was Particularly Interesting to you IELTS Cue Card
- Describe a movie you would like to watch again