Part of speech: Adjective
Synonyms: Selfless, Self-sacrificing
1. Children in their formative years usually misbehave. At such tender age, they do not understand the repercussions of inappropriate behaviour. However, when they turn into adults, they realize the importance of altruist behaviour.
2. Overuse of Television and the Internet can lead to disastrous repercussions by encouraging a sedentary lifestyle. Moreover, it reduces the crucial face to face interactions dramatically. This development could lead to a drastic decline in the number of people who engage in altruistic works.
3. Using the internet as a means of communication is beneficial because it helps us connect freely and easily with no geographical barriers. This salient feature of the internet is a blessing for altruistic people because it empowers them to provide unabated support to underprivileged people.
4. Shopping through computers is without sufficient knowledge can lead to disastrous repercussions because the user can fall prey to cyber frauds. On the other hand, it empowers the altruist people to provide unstinted support to the weaker sections of society.
5. In the era of fierce competition, rising inflation is an ongoing affair. Hence it is prudent to not go beyond our means while buying goods and services. Because buying those things which you do not require can lead to disastrous repercussions in the long run. To handle tough times, we need to be in the company of altruist people who have this tendency of helping their near and dear ones in case of unforeseen contingencies.
6. In this contemporary epoch, people’s reliance on natural resources is increasing at an alarming rate. Such overuse of natural resources could lead to disastrous repercussions. The developed nations need to work in an altruist way to do sufficient research and development to reverse the environmental damage throughout the world
7. Being an altruist person, I usually spend my weekend engaging in social work.
20 thoughts on “Altruistic: IELTS Vocabulary”