Collocation: Contemporary epoch
Meaning: Modern era
1. In this contemporary epoch, parents have less time at their disposal. Due to this, they cannot spend much time in the upbringing of their children, and the new generation remains deprived of moral education. At such tender age, juveniles do not understand the repercussions of inappropriate behaviour. However, when they turn into adults, they realize the importance of altruist behaviour.
2. In the contemporary epoch, technology has made inroads in our lives. Overuse of Television and the Internet can lead to disastrous repercussions by encouraging a sedentary lifestyle. Moreover, it reduces the crucial face to face interactions dramatically. This development could lead to a drastic decline in the number of people who engage in charitable works.
3. In this contemporary epoch internet has made inroads in our lives. Using the internet as a means of communication is beneficial because it helps us connect freely and easily with no geographical barriers. This salient feature of the internet is a blessing for altruistic people because it empowers them to provide unabated support to underprivileged people.
4. In this contemporary epoch, online shopping is gaining momentum. Shopping through computers without sufficient knowledge can lead to disastrous repercussions because the buyers can fall prey to cyber frauds. On the other hand, it empowers the altruist people to provide unstinted support to the weaker sections of society.
5. In this contemporary epoch, rising inflation is an ongoing affair. Hence it is prudent to not go beyond our means while buying goods and services. Because buying those things which you do not require can lead to disastrous repercussions in the long run. To handle tough times, we need to be in the company of altruist people who have this tendency of helping their near and dear ones in case of unforeseen contingencies.
6. In this contemporary epoch, people’s reliance on natural resources is increasing at an alarming rate. Such overuse of natural resources could lead to disastrous repercussions. The developed nations need to work in an altruistic way to do sufficient research and development to reverse the environmental damage throughout the world.
38 thoughts on “Contemporary epoch: IELTS Vocabulary”