Part of speech: Noun
Synonyms: result, consequence
1. Children in their formative years usually misbehave. At such tender age, they do not understand the repercussions of inappropriate behaviour
2. Overuse of Television and the Internet can lead to disastrous repercussions by encouraging a sedentary lifestyle.
3. Using the internet as a means of communication is beneficial because it helps us connect freely and easily with no geographical barriers. However, it could lead to disastrous repercussions, especially when we do not have sufficient knowledge regarding its usage.
4. Shopping through computers is without sufficient knowledge can lead to disastrous repercussions because the user can fall prey to cyber frauds.
5. In the era of fierce competition, rising inflation is an ongoing affair. Hence it is prudent to not go beyond our means while buying goods and services. Because buying those things which you do not require can lead to disastrous repercussions in the long run.
6. In this contemporary epoch, people’s reliance on natural resources is increasing at an alarming rate. Such overuse of natural resources could lead to disastrous repercussions.
12 thoughts on “Repercussion: IELTS Vocabulary”