Collocation: Fierce competition
Meaning: Too much competition.
1. In this contemporary epoch, due to fierce competition, parents have less time at their disposal. Due to this, they cannot spend much time in the upbringing of their children, and the new generation remains deprived of moral education. At such tender age, juveniles do not understand the repercussions of inappropriate behaviour. However, when they turn into adults, they realize the importance of altruist behaviour.
2. In the contemporary epoch, technology has made inroads in our lives. There is fierce competition in every industry. Due to this, products such as televisions and smartphones come packed with advanced features. Overuse of Television and the Internet can lead to disastrous repercussions by encouraging a sedentary lifestyle. Moreover, it reduces the crucial face to face interactions dramatically. This development could lead to a drastic decline in the number of people who engage in charitable works.
3. In this contemporary epoch internet has made inroads in our lives. Using the internet as a means of communication is beneficial because it helps us connect freely and easily with no geographical barriers. This salient feature of the internet is a blessing for altruistic people because it empowers them to provide unabated support to underprivileged people. Moreover, it brings the best out of individuals by engaging them in fierce competition.
4. In this contemporary epoch, online shopping is gaining momentum. Shopping through computers without sufficient knowledge can lead to disastrous repercussions because the buyers can fall prey to cyber frauds. On the other hand, it empowers the altruist people to provide unstinted support to the weaker sections of society. Apart from this customers get the best deals due to fierce competition in various companies.
5. In this contemporary epoch, rising inflation is an ongoing affair. To lure innocent buyers, companies engage in unhealthy trade practices because of fierce competition. Hence it is prudent to not go beyond our means while buying goods and services. Because purchasing those things which you do not require can lead to disastrous repercussions in the long run. To handle tough times, we need to be in the company of altruist people who have this tendency of helping their near and dear ones in case of unforeseen contingencies.
6. In this contemporary epoch, people’s reliance on natural resources is increasing at an alarming rate. Apart from this, industries are extracting natural resources at a tremendous pace to strengthen their bottom line in this era of fierce competition. Such overuse of natural resources could lead to disastrous repercussions. The developed nations need to work in an altruist way to do sufficient research and development to reverse the environmental damage throughout the world
7. In this contemporary epoch, youngsters remain under tremendous stress because of fierce competition.