IELTS CUE CARD TOPIC
Describe a time when you had some medicine.
You should say
When it was?
What exactly happened?
You recovered out of it?
- There is no denying this conviction that health is wealth.
- Being a fitness freak, I usually remain fit.
- In case of an illness, I mostly try to take the help of home remedies rather than taking medicines.
When it was?
- But last month, I had to go through a situation where I had to take medicine.
- Due to the corona pandemic, our country was in a state of lockdown.
- During that time, all of my family members used to stay at home.
- Only I would go out to purchase groceries and vegetables.
- In the middle of April month, suddenly, I had a fever coupled with body pains.
- Immediately I quarantined myself in a separate room.
- Initially, I tried to improve myself by taking the help of home remedies like turmeric milk, lukewarm water gargles etc.
- But my situation was not improving.
- That time I called my cousin Dr Rimple Sharma, a renowned doctor.
- She immediately advised me to take medicine.
Did you recover out of it?
- I followed her advice sincerely.
- She told me to take a course of antibiotics.
- My treatment lasted for seven days.
- After 14 days, I managed to come out of the trouble.
- My energy was back, and I didn’t have a fever.
- Moreover, I didn’t have body pain and headache.
- Finally, I had a sigh of relief when I came to know that none of my family members had got the infection.
- The lesson I have learned from this experience is that in case of any issue, there is no harm in taking the advice of an expert.
- And in case of a medical issue, the best expert is the doctor.
- Do consult your doctor as and when you have any medical problem.
- This way, you can protect yourself, and others too.
IELTS Speaking Part 3: Follow up Questions
Here are some examples of follow up questions that the examiner might ask during your speaking part 3 related to cue card “Describe a time when you had some medicine”.
1. What do you think of buying medicine online?
As per my opinion, there is no harm in buying medicine online because provided you have the doctor’s prescription. Because in this era where the world is going through a corona pandemic, purchasing medicines only helps the patient remain safe.
2. In your opinion, why some people dislike taking medicine?
Some people believe that medicine leads to side effects. They think that the human body has a natural system to fight disease. Moreover, they give more importance to home remedies rather than taking medicine.
3. Some people say medicine is harmful. Do you think so?
People must take medicine under the supervision of a doctor. If we take the wrong medicine, it could lead to disastrous repercussions.
4. What do you think of fake medicine?
Fake medicines are a threat to humanity. They look like the original medicine, but their composition is different. Hence those who take them do not get any benefit.
A few latest cue cards