Describe an event you attended in which you didn’t like the music played IELTS Cue Card
IELTS CUE CARD
Describe an event you attended in which you didn’t like the music played.
You should say
What was the event?
Where were you?
What music was like?
And explain why you didn’t like the music?
- I am an ardent fan of music, and I love to listen to contemporary music.
- Music acts as a stress buster for me, and it is my favourite pastime activity.
- That is why I regularly listen to music while walking as well as driving.
What was the event? And where were you?
- Last month I had visited my hometown, and there I attended one event.
- It was the wedding celebration of one of my close friends. I was excited about his wedding.
- His family hired the best catering service to serve mouth-watering delicacies to all the guests. They left no stone unturned to make it one of the best wedding celebrations in our hometown.
Explain why you did not like the music?
- However, the music played was not up to the mark. Since my uncle was managing the show, he told the DJ to play the music as per his taste. Uncle is in the late ’50s had a different choice of music, and he preferred listening to old songs of his era.
- The DJ was adhering to his orders and was playing the songs recommended by him.
- I had requested the DJ umpteen times to change the track, but he bluntly refused my requests. Hence, all my efforts to play my favorite music went in vain, and for 5 hours at a stretch, I had to listen to extremely boring music…
- Although I was feeling extremely bored, I still attended the party because I didn’t want to disappoint my friend.
IELTS Speaking Part 3: Follow up Questions
Here are some examples of follow up questions that the examiner might ask during your speaking part 3 related to cue card “Describe an event you attended in which you didn’t like the music played”.
1. Why do so many young people spend a lot of money on concerts?
- Although people of all ages pay attention to music, youngsters have a special attachment to music. They believe that they get the best feel of music when they listen to it live. Due to this reason, they spend a lot of money on concerts.
2. Do you think older people like the same music as young people?
- No, there is a difference between the liking for music between young and older people. Young people are more inclined towards pop, jazz and other contemporary forms of music. Whereas, older generation people pay heed to soft music. Their primary motive while listening to music is relaxation.
3. Do you think music concerts are suitable for older people to attend?
- These days the organisers of the music concerts design their shows in such a way that they could garner the attention of people from all walks of life. Hence, they pay excessive heed to the needs of the elderly generation like special seating arrangements. Elders too can enjoy the music concerts along with the youngsters.
4.Why do shopping malls often have background music?
- Shopping could be a tiring experience for some of us. Therefore, shopping malls usually play background music provide mental relaxation to shoppers.
16 thoughts on “Describe an event you attended in which you didn’t like the music played IELTS Cue Card”