IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD
IELTS CUE CARD
Describe your first day at school.
You should say
Where was it?
Explain how you felt on that day?
- Being an educated person, I have a special attachment with the educational institutions where I studied.
- Today I am going to describe my first day at school.
Where was it?
- Since this event happened almost 20 years ago, I have a faint memory of that day.
- To put my career on an impressive growth trajectory, my dad got my admission done in a school.
- I was just 3 years old at that time.
- The school was just 200 metres away from my home.
What kind of building was it located in?
- The school had a building having four floors with state of the art infrastructure.
- The ground floor was for classes up to 4th standard.
- The first floor was for 5th to 10th standard.
- The second floor had a staff room, canteen, science laboratories.
- The third floor had a big library along with a canteen serving mouth-watering delicacies.
- The building was environment friendly with adequate arrangements for things like rainwater harvesting.
- The roof of the building had solar panels, due to this facility school needed not to buy electricity.
What happened? and Explain how you felt on that day.
- Initially, I was not ready to go to school.
- I kept crying that morning because going to school was a new experience for me, and I wasn’t mentally prepared for that.
- To parents lured me by giving me chocolates.
- Upon getting the sweets of my choice, I said yes for going to school
- When I entered my class, I again cried after seeing new faces.
- However, after some time, I started feeling comfortable.
- I had made new friends and played with them
- On the very first day, I saw a paradigm shift in my confidence.
- Finally, when I left school, I felt jubilant.
15 thoughts on “Describe your first day at school”