IELTS SPEAKING CUE CARD
IELTS CUE CARD
Describe an interesting conversation that you had
You should say
Who you had it with?
Where did you have it?
What was the conversation and why did you have it?
- Being a talkative person, I never miss an opportunity to have a conversation.
Who you had it with?
- Last year, I got a chance to meet a renowned dietitian, Dr Rimple Sharma.
- I had an interesting conversation with her.
What was the conversation, and why did you have it?
- One year back, I used to be very bulky. To lose weight, I tried numerous options like running, swimming, gymming and so on. But I didn’t get good results.
- During that period, one of my friends introduced me to Dr Rimple Sharma. She is a renowned dietician.
- After listening to my side of the story, she suggested two changes in my diet. Firstly, not to eat anything between 7 pm to 7 am, which means not taking dinner after 7 pm and not having breakfast before 7 am. Secondly, she suggested me to chew every bite for at least 32 times.
- My original opinion was that for losing weight, the best way is to do a lot of physical workouts and if you do sufficient exercise every day, you can have any diet as per your taste and liking.
- Due to my this inherent conviction, the suggestions made by Dr Rimple Sharma sounded a bit weird to me because before meeting her, I had implicit faith in the belief that the easiest way to lose weight is to do a lot of exercises.
- Whereas, as per Dr Rimple, the contribution of the right diet in the weight loss journey is 80 per cent, and the share of physical workout is just 20 per cent.
- I followed her advice with determination, dedication and discipline.
- Due to her unabated support and my changed thinking process, I managed to achieve the desired weight.
- Not only I lost weight, but I started feeling more confident and energetic.
- This change in belief through the conversation with Dr Rimple Sharma brought a paradigm shift in my life.
A few latest cue cards
17 thoughts on “Describe an interesting conversation that you had”