IELTS CUE CARD
IELTS CUE CARD TOPIC
Describe an occasion when you ate a kind of food for the first time.
You should say:
- – When you had it?
- – Where you ate it?
- – What it was?
- – How did you feel about it?
- Being a food enthusiast, I have this uncanny knack for trying new cuisines.
When you had it?
- Last month I got a chance to eat a famous Japanese dish for the first time.
Where you ate it?
- I ate it at my friend’s place. He had recently come back from a business trip from Japan.
What it was?
- It was a Japanese mouth-watering delicacy by the name of Sushi.
How did you feel about it?
- Since I was trying Japanese food for the first time, I was a bit apprehensive.
- However, when I had seen the rest of the friends enjoying their meals, I too tasted it.
- The taste was not only delicious but also unusual.
- That was the day when I developed a liking for rice-based food items.
- The main ingredient of Sushi is vinegared rice, coupled with assorted spices.
- I was mesmerised by the taste, that’s why I rushed to nearby Japanese restaurants the very next day to have it again.
- To my dismay, none of the restaurants in my city was serving it
- To exercise my taste buds, I watched numerous videos for its correct recipe.
- By god’s grace, I was able to find the original recipe on a Youtube channel.
- With a little bit of practice, I was able to cook it authentically.
- Now, this dish is an integral part of my kitchen’s menu.
- Whenever I get bored of eating the regular fast food items, I try Sushi.
- The love of Sushi has increased my knowledge of Japan too.
- Now Japenese culture is not alien to me because while reading content related to Sushi, I have gained immense knowledge regarding Japan.
IELTS new cue cards 2021