IELTS CUE CARD
Describe a program or app in your computer or phone.
You should say:
What the app/program is?
When, where you found it?
How you use it?
and how you feel about it?
- In this contemporary epoch technology has made inroads in our life.
- Due to this, the usage of mobile phones and laptops has increase manifold because of the informative content shown on various websites and mobile phone applications.
What the app/program is? , and When, where you found it?
- A few years back, while finding the answer to one question, I came across an extremely knowledgeable mobile phone application named “QUORA“.
- This app has a website too by the name of Quora.
- Through this application, you can ask questions related to any topic.
- People who have expertise in such a field answer your queries.
How you use it?
- Being a student, I usually come across certain domains in which my knowledge is limited.
- To get expert knowledge on a topic which is difficult for me to decipher, I put questions on quora, and within a few hours, I get an answer from the experts.
- For example, last week, I was looking for information about the best hosting company for my WordPress website.
- When I had searched for the answer on the internet, I got a boatload of information.
- However, when I had searched the same information on WWW.QUORA.COM, I got specific answers.
- With 30 minutes of reading, I was able to decide the hosting company for my website.
- Moreover, through this application, I can help others by answering questions related to my domain expertise.
How do you feel about it?
- This application has put my life on an impressive growth trajectory.
- The time I used to waste on social media application like Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, etcetera is utilized wisely by acquiring knowledge through QUORA.
- I recommend this application to people from all walks of life.
IELTS Speaking Part 3: Follow up Questions
Here are some examples of follow up questions that the examiner might ask during your speaking part 3 related to cue card “Describe a program or app in your computer or phone”.
1. Which phone app is the most popular in your country?
- Although people from different age groups use divergent phone applications, there is one application which is extremely popular among people from all walks of life. Irrespective of their age, location, social status and financial status people use WHATSAPP. In the past five years, the users of this application have grown by leaps and bounds. The prominent reason for its success is that it has bridged the gap between people.
2. Do you think the parents should limit the time their children spend on the phone?
- Yes, because today’s phones contain numerous sources of entertainment. When children use a phone for more than one hour, they not only waste their time but also diminish their health. Hence, limiting the time children spend on using the phone is a prudent approach.
3. Do you think people depend on phone apps too much?
- These days most of the services are available on our phones at the click of a button. Be it transferring money or buying groceries people can do numerous menial tasks in a short time. Therefore, the usage of mobile phone apps has grown manifold.
4. Do you think some apps will help people to study?
- Yes, there are a plethora of websites which offer quality content to study. A few of them are WIKIPEDIA, MEDIUM AND QUIZLET ETCETRA.
5. What kinds of apps do you have on your phone?
- Being a student, I have installed many study-related applications on my phone. Moreover, I also have certain shopping-related apps on my phone, like Amazon.
6. What are the drawbacks of having too many apps on your phone?
- There are umpteen drawbacks. The first and the foremost is you waste your quality time. Secondly, it may lower the speed of your phone. Lastly, with more apps, usage is also more, which could negatively affect your health.