1.Nowadays in many countries, young people leave rural areas to study or work in cities. Is it a positive or negative development?
2. Fossil fuels are the main source of energy around the world. However, people are being encouraged to use alternative energy sources such as wind energy, solar energy, and so on. Do you think this is a positive or negative development? Why?
3.More and more people are finding it increasingly important to wear fashionable clothes. Is this attitude to wearing clothes a positive or negative development?
4.Nowadays, many people buy household goods( like television, rice cookers etc). Do you think this is a positive or negative development?’
5.Companies spend millions each year on advertising online, in magazines and on billboards. These adverts can encourage people to buy goods that they do not really need. Is it a positive or negative development?
6. Some car manufacturing companies have stated that there is a possibility that we will see flying cars in the future. Will it be a positive or negative development?
7.Young people prefer listening to music rather than listening to the news on the radio. Is this a positive or a negative trend? Provide reasons and examples for your opinion.
8. In the past, people wore clothes more closely related to their culture but today people are more likely to wear clothes from all over the world. Is this a positive or negative development?
9. Many university students do part-time work while studying at university.
Is this a positive or negative development?
10. In recent years, many small local shops have closed because customers travel to large shopping centers or malls to do their shopping. Is this a positive or negative development?
11. A few educational institutions now provide their courses on the Internet so that people can get educated online. Is this a positive or negative development?
12.Earlier, people wore clothes which were related to their culture but now people wear the same type of clothes all over the world. Is this a positive or negative development?
13.In the modern world, it is possible to shop, work and communicate with people via the Internet and live without any face-to-face contact with others. Is it a positive or negative development?